"After living on Aquidneck Island in Newport, RI for nearly three decades, I have developed a sincere love of the ocean and the natural environment that surrounds it. During this time I have also rediscovered my childhood passion for art. This has evolved through attending studio classes at URI, classes and workshops at the Newport Art Museum, and plein air workshops with talented local and national artists.As an artist, I enjoy both the realistic and abstract beauty of the Island which is rich with subjects for me to study. Art is my vehicle to share what I see and love in hope that the viewer will love it also."
Mediums: Watercolor, Acrylic, Oils, Printing, Encaustic
- 2004 Best in Show, Art on the Lawn, Newport Artists Guild
- 1999 Honorable Mention, Newport Art Museum Members Show
- Past President, Vice President and Secretary, Newport Artists Guild
- Member, Wickford Artists Association, Newport Artists Guild – Newport Art Museum, Portsmouth Artists Guild
- Accepted into many juried art shows
Join us in welcoming Susan back to the Westerly area during November's Art Stroll, Wednesday November 5th from 5–8 p.m. See you there!