Thursday, February 9, 2012

In order to fly, you need wings...

Tiny Treasure series © Millie Donovan 2011

In order to fly, you need wings. It seems quite obvious really. Anything that we do in life, we need the unconditional support of loved ones, friends and colleagues. It is a lot to ask. It is a lot to expect but no matter how brave we pretend to be, the last few steps, the moment before we jump, that little second prior to the curtain rising...we hang on until we are lifted by encouragement, applause, or just a simple look of pride.

So now, as I close my eyes, I am reminded of the people that have seen me take those tentative steps towards the wind. My friend who took time out of her busy day and helped me choose some photographs for an upcoming juried show. My husband who sees my work as a legacy worthy of being left to our children. The hours spent in a car with another close friend who listened and nodded and interjected when I was working through a problem.

Every friendship, every exchange, every conversation is like a feather. Because of the connections we make...we will someday SOAR.

"But hopes are Shy Birds flying at a great distance seldom reached by the best of Guns."
John James Audubon



3 comments:

  1. You have been that support for your friends too! What a beautiful Post! Things that I can relate too so much :) You are awesome Mill! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true, and how much we need and appreciate those little "wings" we find through out our lives... Thank you my "wing" for being there to make me write every week!!! You know who I'm talking about!!! Yes, YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww. Thanks girlies. You make me smile from ear to ear. And I am sending xo's right back at ya. :)

    ReplyDelete