Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Brainy & Bubbly Kathleen Neal– Altered Book Artist and a Hell of a Girl

Creating art has always been a necessity and not a luxury for me. I have always needed to set aside time to write, draw, paint, collage…time to take what I observe and experience and feel, and make manifest a finished product. Delving into the world of the altered book (with the wonderful and unflagging guidance and encouragement of Laura!) has allowed me to combine so many techniques into one object. I once heard that artwork is never finished but abandoned. I find that so true with the altered book…there is always another layer to add, another technique to try. This particular book, still in progress, has specifically helped me to develop personal definitions of colors and particular images...can you decipher what they are?


Kathleen Neal


(You'll have to stop by and see Kathleen's book for yourself during the Opening Reception this Friday, May 21st starting at 5:00 to decipher the images she has been inspired by.)

No comments:

Post a Comment