Saturday, May 29, 2010

I (Heart) Downtown Participants! Thank you!

list.cwk (WP)

Here is a complete listing to date of all participating artists and venues. Please be sure to stop by and take a peek in the windows, chat with the store owners, inquire about our little towns. We are excited to see you. And don't forget to visit me and fellow artist/friend Will Houlihan at booth #49 at the fabulous Virtu Art Festival in Wilcox Park. We will be doing a live collaborative painting!

I am so grateful for all of the help that I have gotten specifically from all of my friends and colleagues at Above Elite Studios: Laura Gaffke for her never ending optimism and the ability to say just the right things, Joy Neerkaje for her laughter and truisms that make me smile, Charles Estabrooks for digging out all of his display equipment and supplying me with an artist tent when the one that I had died on me and Susan Stone for driving all the way from Florida to participate, have a drink and encourage me with her savvy advice and career anecdotes! Not to mention the Artists at The Riverside (Ian Newbury, Fran Knapp & Marie Laudini for letting me take over the entire studio) and all of the Riverside Merchants for their willingness to put up with me and to just let me dive right in! Thanks TLC Boutique and The Bean Counter!!!

Last but not least I have been continually surprised by the reception of the business owners in Westerly. They have been persistent despite miscommunication, snafus, and the general chaos that comes with putting together a new event. I hope that all that we have learned this year will make the event even better in future years.

No comments:

Post a Comment