Sunday, May 16, 2010

Introducing The Lovely Linda Comstock– Altered Book Artist and Fab Friend

My name is Linda Comstock. I really started to unleash my creative side when I was only 13 years old by making quilts in my little bedroom on my Mom’s old sewing machine. Quilting has always been my first love but I am also an avid needlepointer, crocheter and cross-stitcher. I also have worked with braiding and hooking wool rugs. Recently, there has been a real calling for me to try my hand at painting. Growing up and living in New England I have been blessed with being exposed to many wonderful artists who have completely inspired me not only in my fabric and wool creations but also now with my painting adventures. Altered books, for me, are a really comfortable place to start experimenting with paints and other mediums. It truly brings out the playful, free child in me that I think we all seem to lose touch with as we grow up. In a world that seems to have so many restrictions – it is totally freeing to know that there are no rules when you are being truly creative. It makes my spirit SOAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment